- Teaching & Training: Certified and experienced in teaching AP college level Social Science courses, media training senior executives, instructing ESL courses, and coaching in youth leadership and women empowerment.
- Non-profit management: Extensive experience in fundraising and donor cultivation, building strategic partnerships, and advocating for Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Social enterprise development: Founded 2 social enterprises in the UAE that operate as for-profit entities with the aim of achieving philanthropic goals;
- People and project management: proven ability to lead and develop culturally diverse teams, manage large scale community initiatives, and maintain strong people relations;
- Broadcast media and documentary production: 7+ years of experience, with a specific focus on promoting philanthropic and social causes;
- Marketing management: broad expertise, with an emphasis on initiating creative campaigns to develop cause marketing promotions.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE:
- Teaching & Coaching
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing Communications
- Documentary Production
- Broadcast media Production
- Training & Development
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Non-Profit Management
- Project & Event Management
- Social Enterprise Development
- Motivational Speaking
- Philanthropic Advocacy
- Fundraising Specialist
- International Development
08/2017-Present- Adjunct Faculty, AP Human Geography, Nur Ul Islam Academy, Florida, USA
1/2012 – 8/2017 – Founder & Principle Consultant, Naml Philanthropy – Florida & Washington DC, USA
Naml Philanthropy is a consulting firm that advises individuals, non-profit organizations, foundations and corporations on how best to implement effective philanthropic acts that correlates with each entity’s areas of interest and desires for positive impact. Naml Philanthropy LLC- is a US registered and incorporated company with its headquarters based in Florida. Percentage of proceeds from Naml Philanthropy earnings are donated to Live it up Foundation. To date, we have offered our consultancy to numerous NGO’s including: Al Rahma Charities in the UAE, Dar Al Atta Foundation in Oman, Reach Out to Asia in Qatar, and Al Ihsan Foundation in the United States to name few. www.namlphilanthropy.com
1/2012-Present – Founder and Chairperson, Live it up Foundation – Florida, USA Live it up Foundation is a US registered 501(c) 3 tax-exempt non-profit organization which aims to rehabilitate and elevate the lives of orphaned and abandoned children worldwide. To date, we have and continue to support children in 11 countries serving more than 2300 underprivileged, marginalized, orphaned and abandoned children. We fund our programs through a sustainable social enterprise that we established which offers inspiring and unique products, experiences and services where net profits are channeled to support our projects worldwide. www.liveitup.org & www.liveitupfoundation.org. Our flagship project is Live it up Uganda, home for rescued children.
PREVIOUS UAE WORK HISTORY:
7/2008 – 8/2014 – Director of Fund Development, Dubai Cares – Dubai, UAE
Dubai, UAE. Dubai Cares is one of the world’s largest non-profit organization which focuses on providing universal primary education to children worldwide. As the Director of the Fund Development Department, primary responsibilities include building strategic partnerships with the private and public sector to generate donations, leading campaigns and special community engagement initiatives, advocating for Corporate Social Responsibility, and maintaining strong donor relations with key stakeholders. Successfully lead 9 fundraising campaigns, established over 1000 partnerships with the private sector, and raised over $20 million dollars in unrestricted funds from individual and corporate donors.
7/2007-7/2008 – Founder & Managing Partner, Al Bayareq – Dubai, UAE
Dubai Media City, Dubai, UAE. Al Bayareq is a social enterprise media consulting & production organization which specializes in producing: Documentaries, Factual TV Programs, Commercials, Video Clips, Public Service Announcements & films that tackles social issues with the aim of serving the community and contributing to the common good. Al Bayareq supplied the region with programs such as: Healing Hearts (Documentary), Jeel Al Mustaheel (TV Show), Nameemah (public service announcement), and Wattanak (video Clip) among many others.
9/2003-9/2007 – Producer, Programs & Documentaries, Al Arabiya News Channel & MBC – Dubai, UAE
Dubai Media City, Dubai, UAE. Responsible for the production of the following programs: Source of Goodness: Journey with Dr. Abdulrahman Al-Sumait to Africa, 30 Saudi Women Success Stories, Portfolio, Your Financial Adviser & Iraq Markets. Covered many international events such as the World Bank / IMF meetings & World Economic Forum. Co-hosted the Yalla Ya Shabab show for MBC in Denmark (2/06).
PREVIOUS US WORK HISTORY:
7/2001-9/2002 Tradescape Corp., New York, NY Marketing & CSR Manager
9/2000-3/2001 OANDA Corporation, New York, NY Global Marketing Manager
3/2000-8/2000 Mondera.com, New York, NY Director, Global Business Development
6/1999-3/2000 EFAX, Inc, Menlo Park, CA Director, Online Marketing
4/1998-6/1999 Brassring.com, Santa Clara, CA Manager, Web Marketing
4/1996-4/1998 NCSU, Distance Learning Division, Raleigh, NC Training Specialist
- 8/2016 PhD, in Islamic Studies, Graduate Theological Foundation, Indiana. PhD focus in Islamic Jurisprudence (Fiqh): Dissertation subject: “Legal Islamic Ruling on Adoption”
- July 2010 Deen Intensive (Rihla) Program Participant, Bursa, Turkey
- July 2007 Deen Intensive (Rihla) Program Graduate, Taif/Makka/Madina, Saudi Arabia www.deenintensive.com
- 9/02-9/03 Masters of Islamic Studies, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), London, UK. Major: Islamic Theology/Sufism. Grade: Merit
- 8/95-5/97 Master of Technology in International Development, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC. Concentration: Virtual Learning and Adult Education. GPA 4.0
- 8/91-5/95 Bachelor of Arts in Political Science & International Relations, Magna Cum Laude, University of South Carolina, Coastal Carolina U. SC. GPA 3.8
International Academic Study:
- 7/94-9/94 Bosphorus University, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2/94-7/94 Trier University, Trier, Germany
- 5/93-7/93 Culture Institute, Lichtenfels, Germany
- 6/92-8/92 Oxford University, Oxford, England
- Educator’s Certificate in Social Science (grades 6-12). Florida Department of Education. 8/2017
- Certified by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (Arabic). ACTFL 8/17/2017
- Developing Your Company Leadership. Professor Michael Useem. Wharton Leadership Center, University of Pennsylvania & Partnership with Higher Colleges of Technology, Abu Dhabi, UAE. (12/10/2011)
- Leading High Performance Teams. Spearhead Training. Dubai, UAE. (26/9/2010-27/9/2010)
- Coaching for Transformation. Instructor: Gita Bellin. Performance Consultants International. London, UK. (24/2/2010 – 26/2/2010)
- Post-Baccalaureate Training and Development Certification Program, Department of Adult and Continuing Education. NC State University, Raleigh, NC.(1/96-5/97)
- Developing and Using International Training Materials, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Engineering Professional Development.(3/97)
- Learning to Listen Learning to Teach, JUBILEE Education Center, Raleigh, NC(3/97)
- Author: Six of Children’s Books; part of the Live it Up Kids Book Series. Published by CreateSpace, a DBA of On-Demand Publishing LLC, part of the Amazon group of companies. Book titles: 1) Good Manners Start with Me; 2) Helping Hands, 3) Play with Me; 4) Happy Words; 5) Curly Carli Lit Up Our Home; 6) The Challenge of the Sports Legends. All 6 books are sold on Amazon.com.
- Speaking Engagements: keynote speaker on philanthropy and media at various events including Harvard University, Rotary Club, Arab Foundations Forum, and Young Presidents Organization. (See all on yaseminsaib.com)
- Media Productions: Assisted in feature productions at numerous international television programs including CBS News (60 Minutes), PBS (Frontline), MBC & Al Arabiya News Channel. (See all on yaseminsaib.com)
- Interviews and publications: Featured in Time Magazine, New Yorker Magazine, and Forbes Magazine. Interviewed by BBC World Radio, ABC (Good Morning America), and other media outlets. (See all on yaseminsaib.com)
PHILANTHROPY & ACTIVISM:
|11/16-Present||State of Florida Department of Children and Families, Licensed Foster Parent. Certified by the agencies Child Net & Kids in Distress. Broward County, Florida.|
|8/15-9/2018||Muslim Woman’s Organization of South Florida (MWO SF), Chairwoman of the Board of Directors|
|1/15- Present||Women’s Islamic Initiative in Spirituality & Equality (WISE), Board of Advisors wisemuslimwomen.org|
|1/2016- Present||Celebrate Mercy, Board of Directors, celebratemercy.com/|
|5/2/2012||Dubai Acumen, Business Acumen for Good Competition, Participant dubaiplusacumen.com|
|5/11 – 8/2014||The HUB Dubai, Community Advocate for Social Enterprise Development, http://dubai.the-hub.net|
|7/10 – 8/2014||Make a Wish Foundation UAE, Donor & Volunteer Fundraiser|
|8/07 – Present||Direct Aid (Africa), Donor & Volunteer Fundraiser|
|1/06 – 8/2014||INJAZ UAE, Advisor|
|6/01 – present||ASMA Society, Member of the Advisory Board, www.asmasociety.org|
|9/01 – 8/04||MAT USA, Co-founder & Spokesperson, www.matusa.org|
- English: Fluent (Speaking & Writing)
- Arabic: Fluent (Speaking & writing)
- Turkish: Fluent (Speaking & writing)
- German: Advanced (Speaking & writing)
Advanced proficiency in: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, final Cut Pro and all social media websites and applications.
Cooking & hosting community service events; reading; traveling; volunteering for social service causes; horse riding, Scuba diving; snowboarding; rafting; bicycling & motorcycling; swimming and wakeboarding.
Available upon request.