- Social enterprise development: Founded 2 social enterprises in the UAE that operate as for-profit entities with the aim of achieving philanthropic goals;
- Non-profit management: Extensive experience in fundraising, building strategic partnerships, and advocating for Corporate Social Responsibility;
- People and project management: proven ability to lead and develop culturally diverse teams, manage large scale community initiatives, and maintain strong donor relations;
- Marketing management: broad expertise, with an emphasis on initiating creative campaigns to develop cause marketing promotions;
- Documentary production and media development: 7+ years of experience, with a specific focus on promoting philanthropic and social causes.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE:
- Non-Profit Management
- Fundraising Specialist
- Marketing Communications
- Strategic Planning • Corporate Social Responsibility
- Broadcast media Production
- Project & Event Management
- Social Enterprise Development • Philanthropic Advocacy
- Documentary Production
- International Development
- Motivational Speaking
8/2014 – Present – Naml Philanthropy – Founder & President
Naml Philanthropy leads by example in advising individuals, non-profit organizations and foundations and corporations on how best to strategize and implement effective philanthropic acts that correlates with each entity’s areas of interest and desires for positive impact. Naml Philanthropy LLC- is a US registered and incorporated company with its headquarters based in Washington DC. Percentage of proceeds from Naml Philanthropy earnings are donated to Live it up Foundation. www.namlphilanthropy.com
1/2012 – Present – Live it up Foundation – Founder & Chairperson
Live it up Foundation is a US registered 501(c) 3 tax-exempt non-profit organization which aims to rehabilitate and elevate the lives of orphaned and abandoned children worldwide. To date, we have and continue to support children in 11 countries serving more than 2300 underprivileged, marginalized, orphaned and abandoned children. We fund our programs through a sustainable social enterprise that we established which offers inspiring and unique products, experiences and services where net profits are channeled to support our projects worldwide. www.liveitup.org & www.liveitupfoundation.org
PREVIOUS UAE WORK HISTORY:
7/2008 – 8/2014 – Dubai Cares – Director of Fund Development
Dubai, UAE. Dubai Cares is one of the world’s largest non-profit organization which focuses on providing universal primary education to children worldwide. As the Director of the Fund Development Department, primary responsibilities include building strategic partnerships with the private and public sector to generate donations, leading campaigns and special community engagement initiatives, advocating for Corporate Social Responsibility, and maintaining strong donor relations with key stakeholders. Successfully lead 9 fundraising campaigns, established over 1000 partnerships with the private sector, and raised over $20 million dollars in unrestricted funds from individual and corporate donors.
7/2007-7/2008 – Al Bayareq – UAE Founder & Managing Partner
Dubai Media City, Dubai, UAE. Al Bayareq is a non-profit media consulting & production organization which specializes in producing: Documentaries, Factual TV Programs, Commercials, Video Clips, Public Service Announcements & films that tackles social issues with the aim of serving the community and contributing to the common good. Al Bayareq supplied the region with programs such as: Healing Hearts (Documentary), Jeel Al Mustaheel (TV Show), Nameemah (public service announcement), and Wattanak (video Clip) among many others.
9/2003-9/2007 – Al Arabiya News Channel & MBC – Producer, Programs & Documentaries
Dubai Media City, Dubai, UAE. Responsible for the production of the following programs: Source of Goodness: Journey with Dr. Abdulrahman Al-Sumait to Africa, 30 Saudi Women Success Stories, Portfolio, Your Financial Adviser & Iraq Markets. Covered many international events such as the World Bank / IMF meetings & World Economic Forum. Co-hosted the Yalla Ya Shabab show for MBC in Denmark (2/06).
PREVIOUS US WORK HISTORY:
7/2001-9/2002 Tradescape Corp., New York, NY Marketing & CSR Manager
9/2000-3/2001 OANDA Corporation, New York, NY Global Marketing Manager
3/2000-8/2000 Mondera.com, New York, NY Director, Global Business Development
6/1999-3/2000 EFAX, Inc, Menlo Park, CA Director, Online Marketing
4/1998-6/1999 Brassring.com, Santa Clara, CA Manager, Web Marketing
4/1996-4/1998 NCSU, Distance Learning Division, Raleigh, NC Training Specialist
- 8/2016 Commencing PhD candidate in Islamic Studies, Graduate Theological Foundation, Indiana (long distance learning). PhD Thesis subject: “Islamic Adoption and the Rights of the Child”
- 9/02-9/03 Masters of Islamic Studies, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), London, UK. Major: Islamic Theology/Sufism. Grade: Merit
- 8/95-5/97 Master of Technology in International Development, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC. Concentration: Virtual Learning and Adult Education. GPA 4.0
- 8/91-5/95 Bachelor of Arts in Political Science & International Relations, Magna Cum Laude, University of South Carolina, Coastal Carolina U. SC. GPA 3.8
International Academic Exchange:
- 7/94-9/94 Bosphorus University, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2/94-7/94 Trier University, Trier, Germany
- 5/93-7/93 Culture Institute, Lichtenfels, Germany
- 6/92-8/92 Oxford University, Oxford, England
- Professional Certifications: Certified in leading high performance teams, coaching for Transformation, and training and development.
- Speaking Engagements: keynote speaker on philanthropy and media at various events including Harvard University, Rotary Club, Arab Foundations Forum, and Young Presidents Organization.
- Media Productions: Assisted in feature productions at numerous international television programs including CBS News (60 Minutes), PBS (Frontline) and Abu Dhabi TV.
- Interviews and publications: Featured in Time Magazine, New Yorker Magazine, and Forbes Magazine. Interviewed by BBC World Radio, ABC (Good Morning America), and other media outlets.
- Training Experience: Delivered training courses on cross-cultural & diversity and broadcast media in the UAE and US.
PHILANTHROPY & ACTIVISM:
|8/16-Present||Muslim Woman’s Organization of South Florida (MWO SF), Chairwoman of the Board of Directors|
|1/15- Present||Women’s Islamic Initiative in Spirituality & Equality (WISE), Board of Advisors wisemuslimwomen.org|
|5/2/2012||Dubai Acumen, Business Acumen for Good Competition, Participant dubaiplusacumen.com|
|10/11-Present||Live It Up Uganda, Home for Rescued Children, Founder & Chairperson, www.liveitupfoundation.org|
|5/11 – 8/2014||The HUB Dubai, Community Advocate for Social Enterprise Development, http://dubai.the-hub.net|
|7/10 – 8/2014||Make a Wish Foundation UAE, Donor & Volunteer Fundraiser|
|8/07 – Present||Direct Aid (Africa), Donor & Volunteer Fundraiser|
|1/06 – 8/2014||INJAZ UAE, Advisor|
|6/01 – present||ASMA Society, Member of the Advisory Board, www.asmasociety.org|
|9/01 – 8/04||MAT USA, Co-founder & Spokesperson, www.matusa.org|
- English: Fluent (Speaking & Writing)
- Arabic: Fluent (Speaking & writing)
- Turkish: Fluent (Speaking & writing)
- German: Advanced (Speaking & writing)
Volunteering for noble causes. Outdoor activities such as: snowboarding; horse riding; Scuba diving; rafting; cycling; swimming; tracking and wakeboarding. Other hobbies include cooking & entertaining for social, spiritual and philanthropic objectives; singing nasheed; reading self-development books; traveling for exploration and to serve humanity.